Leadership requires the ability to lead in away that has a positive and unifying effect.The ability to influence effectively thus becomes a key leadership skill for a new generation of leaders.
Why does influence matters?
Workplaces today are characterized by levels of change and complexity never before seen.The realities of organizations, such as setting common objectives, managing diverse and often dispersed teams, and integrating diverse individuals and interests, require the ability to influence others. As a leader, knowing your preferred influence style as well as the emotional intelligence skills that support you is a valuable asset to positively influence people aroundyou.
This day will focus on leadership and influence and will allow participants to identify their own preferred style when in a situation of influence. They will become aware of the emotional intelligence skills required to exercise positive influential leadership that fosters trust, support and engagement.
Through the Influence Style Indicator(ISI™) as well as through group and individual reflection activities, participants will learn how to improve the effectiveness of their influential leadership. They will understand in which situations their style of influence works best and identify when it may be ineffective.They will put in place concrete ways to adapt and modify their style when needed.
During this training, participants will:
- Discover the five styles of influence: Rationalizing,Asserting, Negotiating, Inspiring and Bridging;
- Understand when each of the influence styles has the most impact and identify the potential pitfalls associated with these different styles;
- Improve their ability to interact with others using a variety of influencing styles;
Identify the preferred influence styles of others’ in order to better exercise their power of influence;
- Recognize the key emotional intelligence competencies, drawn from the EQ-i 2.0® model,that will support them in exercising their influential leadership.
NEXT OFFERS ON OUR CALENDAR
- November 7th in French (Montréal at the ALT Hôtel)
We also offer the option of creating personalized offers for groups according to the dates that suit you best. Contact us to discuss further.
COST OF THE TRAINING SESSION
425 + applicable taxes (preferential rate until October 18, 2019) / Regular rate: 575$ + applicable taxes
The experiential training session includes:
- A web link to complete your own Influence Style Indicator assessment
- A personalized Influence Style Indicator report handed out during the training session
- A One-Day experiential training session (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Coffee breaks and lunch to continue discussions between participants
Join us and learn to inspire, unite and mobilize with impact.
* Note that this training leads to 7 hours of educational training for the continuing education of engineers (OIQ)